As I mentioned a while ago, the pond (AKA bathtub) had been badly damaged by a front-end loader. I had ordered a replacement plastic pond, but hadn’t found time to install it. Finally, Glenn & I got around to doing it today.
We were very lucky to get some help getting the old cast-iron bathtub out of the ground and moved aside from some fellows working by our house. Thanks guys! You saved us hours.
The replacement came in a box, and had to be unrolled. We let it “relax” inside, per instructions, & even heated it with a hair dryer to help the process. Unfortunately, it showed a tendency to curl back up when it was outside in the 40F temps we have. Since the pad is gravel and there already was a hole where I wanted to put it, it was impossible to dig a hold to conform to the pool outline (it came with templates & that would have been easy in a silt loam or clay), so the edges don’t look great. We weighted them, and will try mounding gravel up & over them.